At the Bayer Center, we work with you: To provide effective and practical management and governance tools, information, education and research that strengthen nonprofit missions and multiply all investments of time, talent and money in regional nonprofit organizations.
In twelve years of service to the nonprofit community, the Bayer Center has completed over 1,000 consulting engagements and educated over 6,500 students.
Our consulting clients include human service, arts, faith-based, community development, environmental and education organizations with budgets ranging from $100,000 or less to more than $50,000,000.
Our intensive and customized Management, Governance, Financial and Technology consulting services are designed to educate leaders and have resulted in:
- Higher functioning governing boards
- Enhanced financial planning and management
- Heightened brand awareness
- Increased partnerships and strategic alliances
- More effective approaches to fundraising
- Better informed, evidence-based decisions for future directions
- More capable nonprofit leaders and organizations
- Effective management information systems
- Prudent software choices and website design
- A strategic approach to decision-making
The Bayer Center also offers extensive management education on topics in nonprofit management, finance, governance and technology.
We also provide information and referral services; conduct applied research through initiatives including “74%: Exploring the Lives of Women Leaders in Nonprofit Organizations”; promote nonprofit governance best practices through our “BoardsWork!”program; convene in-depth discussions on issues relevant to the nonprofit sector; and, through the ESC program, provide accomplished retired corporate executives as volunteer consultants to assist nonprofits with a broad range of advisory services and executive coaching.